Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Amber Applies For Offender Mentor Certification Program

Application For Offender Mentor Certification Program:


#1} Describe your involement in self help or volunteer programs:
" I am actively involved in self help groups availabe to Closed "A"
inmates.

#2} Have you been a Facilitator or teachers assistant?
" Yes"

#3} Please describe your experience as a Mentor,Big Sister,Facilitator,
Teacher or Teacher Assistant, ETC.:

"I have been a Facilitator for 12 Steps Spiritual Journey, I was a
Teachers Assistant in the Juvenile Facility in San Bernardino,I was next
on the list to be a Tutor for Mrs Greer, but I am Closed "A".

#4} Have you ever had problems with Drugs or Alcohol?:
"Yes"

#5} Describe your history of problems with Drugs or Alcohol use:

 "I was 16 years old when I got Arrested, and for the 2 years leading up to this event,
I was expermenting with Methamphtimines, Marijuana, and Alcohol almost
on a daily basis.

#6} Describe any public speaking experience you have had:

 " When I graduated from "Life Back" class with Brother Thomas,we read
our Eassays and Goals aloud, and did an over all Life Plan to the class
and Warrden."

#7} What was the most significant positive change in your life that
you ever made.?

 "When I got here to V.S.P.W. with a life sentence, I became termined
to be the most positive and productive person I could be. I gave my
life to God and I focus on my Appeal, my Job, and any self help
groups that I can get involved in."

#8} Describe at least three reasons you are interested in being considered
for the Mentor Certification Program:
 "I personally know what it is like to go through addictions, and I
want to help others with my life story and testimony. I want to educate
myself and make my family proud. This has been one of my goals and dreams
for years now."

#9}Describe your commitment to transfer to CIW or CCWF after passing
the CAADAC examination?:

"I'm more then willing to transfer and specifically love to go to
CIW, as I live near there and so does my family." I've also been at CCWF,
and I can adapt to where ever I must go to help others."

#10} What is your objective in applying for the OMCP?

" I want to help others change their lives through my testimony and
life experiences as well as educate myself. I've always wanted to be
in a position to help others in and out of the system,I can relate to these
girls."

#11} Work Experience
" I worked as a volunteer at the Salvation Army in Redlands Ca.
in 2003, at the time of my arrest,I was working as a Telemarkerter
and at Animal Control in San Bernardino. i spent 5 years at County
jail where I was a Unit Porter and Food Server. This past year at V.S.P.W.
I have been a Unit Porter,but,due to my Closed "A" Status,I was unable
to be an Education Tutor,Although my application was accepted.
WAS member at V.S.P.W.

#12} Education:
"'I believe that I am a High School graduate from San Bernardino Court
schools,but I am having a hard time locating my Diploma and Credits
due to facility transfers.

#13} How will you maintain your recovery and what are you ready to
offer others to sustain their recovery from problems with drugs
and or alcohol?

"To maintain my recovery,I do everything that I can to stay positive
and productive as well as sober.I try to surround myself with positive
and sober people,who like myself,are trying to change their lives for
the better.I have devoted myself to my legal Appeals to over turn
my sentence,stay rooted in my spiritual walk and do all that I can
to educate myself and others.
 I was only 16 years old when I was arrested and sentenced to life in prison
because I made poor choices as a Teenager.My testimony involves expermenting
with Drugs and Alcohol,and I never expected to lose my entire life to the
system because of that Drug use.
 This is my dream to help others change their lives here and now before
they leave these walls because they are getting a second chance and I
personally know how it is to risk it all just to party or feed an addiction.
Then before you realize it your stuck in a situation similar to mine.
 I do my very best to offer genuine hope and inspiration to remain
positive now matter how bleak something may appear. If chosen for this
oppertunity I plan to put my whole heart and life into this to help
educate others as well as myself. I want to help others feel motivated
to succeed in their lives and at fighting their addictions.
 Some people feel that they have to complete a program for the system,
but I want to help others who want to change for themselves and their
families. I can relate to so many people and spent the last 8 years of my life
incarcerated and have done all that I could to help those around me.
As a Lifer, this will be my chance to devote my time and my life to
helping others. Assisting people in their personal battles,not only gives
strength,but it also gives me purpose.
I've devoted myself to bettering my life while helping my peers do the
same.I'm hoping that others will continue to seek out my positive and
motivating support,and I'm also hoping to make a career out of this
program. I know that if I am given the chance I can go far with this
and I am ready and willing to devote my life to helping others.
 I have always been told that I have a gift of helping others with
my sincerity and kindness and I never give up on people no matter how
tough the battles may be. I want this more then anything else in life
and I know this is the perfect position for me. Although I was incarcerated
at such a young age, I've always been around drugs and alcohol.
Not only did I experence drugs and alcohol on the outside, but on the
inside as well. Here at V.S.P.W. both things are easy to come by,I know
first hand how hard it is to fight an addiction when you see it around
you every day and your also able to use and drink daily as you see
others around you doing it.I am as devoted to others recovery as I am
my own and I work on helping others around me daily.


   NOTE > RESPONCE TO LETTER FOR LITERACY TUTOR POSITION:

Thank you for your application. At this time,you are not being considered
for a Tutor position. Reasons for not being considered:
Might be a short release date, or a custody level that was to restrictive.
At this time, Closed "A" Custody applicants are  not being considered to be
in Tutor positions due to movement and count restrictions.
 I will keep your application on file. Please send be an inmate request
when your off Closed "A" Status.

No comments:

Post a Comment