Sunday, June 16, 2013
At first I blamed God and everybody else
By: Amber Rose Riley
My life was empty and chaotic before I gave my life to Christ. Don't get me wrong, I've known Him my whole life but I've constantly gone my own way.
At age 16, I was using drugs, hanging around with very wild and, as I know now, evil people. Deep in my heart I knew I was on the wrong path, but thought what I was doing wasn't a big deal.
Three months after my 16th birthday, an older guy friend and I were arrested for a serious crime and here I am nine years later, still fighting for my physical freedom.
I thank the Lord that I have inner freedom.At first I blamed God and everybody else, instead
of taking responsibility for my own choices and actions. I stopped reading my Bible once I was found guilty and bounced from one religion to another, trying to find inner peace. I only ended up feeling depressed and alone until I attended a ceremony here at VSPW, where I witnessed similar stories.
I heard people telling their testimonies to all of us and deep within my heart I felt the tug from the Holy Spirit, I began to cry. Knowing I betrayed God and that I'd never find peace without
Jesus in my life.
That day I gave my life my life to Christ all overagain. Of course I have my ups and downs
but with faith and God's word, I always pull through the difficult times.
I no longer struggle with my addictions, with unbelief, and inner turmoil. I have positive people in my life who have helped motivate me; we build each other up in the word. I am blessed in many ways and I have inner peace. This is something everybody needs, especially in this environment. I no longer feel lonely and miserable because I have Him right here with me in my heart, in my cell and in every area of my life.
Without God in my life, I would have given up a long time ago. With Him, I can remain positive, productive and strong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment